Here's a quick fix for a weird issue I ran into while working with MySQL on Windows.
The first time I moved code from my Windows box to one of my Linux servers I ran into an error about a MySQL table not existing in one of my queries. I checked the table and the code to verify everything was as it should be and noticed that all my tables were lowercase instead of CamelHumped. Odd....
Here's the SQL:
$sql = "SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE id = '".$DB->es($id)."'";
It turns out that MySQL on Windows will convert all tables created to a lowercase name. To remain consistent with Linux you should add the below to your my.cnf file:
Adding the above line will preserve the naming conventions between both platforms.